Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and have completed the eighth grade and under 21 years of age. Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.
Venturing is all about fun, friendship, adventure, and service. The Venturing methods of leadership, group activities, adult association, recognition, ideals, high adventure, and teaching others have been carefully designed to achieve the aims of the Boy Scouts of America and meet the needs of young adults.
Goals. Young adults involved in Venturing will:
Crews are youth led. Officer positions include: President, Administrative
Vice President, Program Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and youth
- Learn to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling the values in the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and other groups.
- Acquire skills in the areas of high adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, or Sea Scouting.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
Activities are planned by the youth based on their
interests. A few examples are: Airport tour, backpacking, bike hike,
career clinic, cave exploring, cruise (sailing), dance, Easter egg hunt
for children, family sports day, first aid training, movies, project
COPE, rock climbing, ski weekend, winter camping and many more.
To start a Crew, you need:
- A group to
sponsor the Crew
- At least 5 adults
- At least 5 youth age 14-21
(or 13 and have completed the eighth grade)
If you are interested in more information, please contact
the Council Office at 304-366-3940.
Venturing is young adults. Get Involved!