The National Office is now asking that all Tour Plans be submitted online. You will do this by logging in at myscouting.org and selecting the "Tour and Activity Plan" under “Unit Tools” along the left navigation menu. Several changes have occurred with the Tour Plan. They include:
Remember, if you are going outside of the council boundaries, you must file a Tour Plan.
- Unit leadership certifies the plan.
- The local council reviews but does not approve them.
- An email workflow can be used to notify the council, chartered organization, committee chair, and emergency contact that a plan has been submitted for review.
- It contains interactive prompts and warnings.
- It provides active links to program-required training and education.
- It provides the ability to store, retrieve, copy, and reuse previously submitted Tour and Activity Plans.
- It provides the ability to update the plan up until the day before the tour and activity date.