Home arrow News arrow Boy Scouts arrow POSTPONED: Yukon Update
POSTPONED: Yukon Update PDF Print E-mail

NEWS FLASH, 1/20/2016, 8:04am: With the possible winter storm coming Friday through Saturday afternoon, we are watching the forecasts very closely related to whether we need to postpone (NOT cancel) the Great Yukon Race this weekend. Since camp is located in the higher elevations, snowfall accumulations are usually much higher than in Morgantown or Fairmont. Roads into camp become impassable very quickly. STAY TUNED for a decision by Thursday evening based on the updated weather forecasts. The safety of our Scouts and Scouters is our #1 priority! 

NEWS FLASH, 1/20/2016, 3:22pm: Due to the weather forecast AND an emergency water shutoff in camp, the Great Yukon Race scheduled for this weekend is officially POSTPONED. We are tentatively re-scheduling for next weekend, depending on restored water service and weather conditions. We'll keep everyone posted. Stay safe and please share this information. Thank you!!!

Due to the water leak at camp, the Great Yukon Race has been rescheduled for Saturday, February 20th. If you have any questions, please contact the Mountaineer Area Council at 304-366-3940 or email This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 
< Prev   Next >