Who: All Scouts and those wishing to support Scouting!
What: Selling the BEST Peanuts in America-Whitley Peanuts! Whitley’s was the winner in our taste test of the three most popular brands! We think your customers will love it! Our Spring Product Sale is geared toward helping Scouts earn money for camp and other activities. Our sale will focus on a variety of nuts.
When: January 15th - March 30th
Why: Earn money for fun and "stuff"
How: Show order form(s) to everyone you know. Ask them to support you. Scouts know the ninth point of the Scout Law states that a Scout is “thrifty.” One thing we try to teach is the value of “earning your own way,” whether it be a week at camp, a trip, or the ability to purchase a new uniform or supplies at out Scout Shop. Want to attend a high adventure experience like those offered at Camp Mountaineer, Philmont or the Summit? Participating in our Spring Sale can help make it happen!
Leaders: Commission for this sale will be 37% of the total sales! What could your unit and scouts do with those funds?
- Start selling as soon as order forms are received.
- Unit orders are due to the Council Scout Office on Thursday, March 30th by 1:00 pm. Those wishing to sell who are not attached to a unit may either mail their forms to the Scout Office or scan and email them to
by the due date. Late orders cannot be accepted as the company won’t have time to ship the products to us.
- An Excel worksheet is available at the bottom of this page for download or call the Scout Office to have a copy emailed to you.
- Orders will be ready for pickup at the Scout Office on Wednesday, April 19th.
- Payment will be due to the Council Office by Monday, May 1st.
- All seller's will receive a "Nuts for Camping" patch!
- This year’s Top Council Peanut Salesman will receive their choice of a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, a BMX style 2010 National Scout Jamboree Bike, or $150 gift certificate to the Mountaineer Area Council Scout Shop!
- A Scout is prepared...always have an extra pen or pencil to keep your Take Order form as neat as possible.
- A Scout is kind...always say "Thank You", even if the customer does not place an order.
- A Scout is courteous...always be polite; wear a smile and introduce yourself.
- A Scout is friendly...always smile!
- A Scout is trustworthy...be honest when telling a customer how great the product really is.
- A Scout is loyal...never give up!
- A Scout is clean...make sure you always wear your uniform.
- When you are selling, tell the people what the money goes toward.
- A Scout is cheerful....call the customer by his or her name if you know it.
- Make sure you know all the different types of products you're selling.
- Always sell in pairs accompanied by an adult.
- Never carry large amounts of cash with you.
- Never enter anyone's house alone.
- Never sell after dark unless you are with an adult.
The Mountaineer Area Council thanks you for your support! If you have any questions, please contact us at 304-366-3940.
Spring Sale Flyer Info Sheet
Whitley's Peanut Factory Order Form - (same as 2016)
Whitley's Excel Worksheet